Monday, September 10, 2007

Has Facebook (or the internet) finally melted down with too much traffic?

Update : Basically, I'm somewhat miffed that, having got an evening free to work on my Facebook app. it keeps giving me this message :


Errors while loading page from application

The URL http://myappurl did not respond.

There are still a few kinks Facebook and the makers of My App
are trying to iron out. We appreciate your patience as we try to fix
these issues. Your problem has been logged - if it persists, please
come back in a few days. Thanks!


That's not true. The URL in question, on my server, responds perfectly well. It's Facebook which is running slow and (probably) timing-out.

1 comment:

Scribe said...

Hmm, there's been a bit of talk about the "oddities" of Facebook recently. Be interesting to see where it goes from here, especially with the Internet's oft-repeated memetic-type pattern - has FB got *too* popular? Is something else lurking on the horizon?