Saturday, December 01, 2007

Yeah! Livescribe looks great! I really hope this isn't going to be vapour-ware.

(hat-tip Kaunda)

Update : reading more about this, it's very much what I want. Way more than a Kindle, or iPhone or some kind of sub-laptop. I'd like to see how good the pattern recognition is, in practice, of course, but I'd be willing write Java(!) to play around with this.

Update 2: But I'm a bit confused ... how exactly is it different from a FLY Pentop? Just marketed at a different age group?

Update 3 : OK, so the difference seems to be the LiveScribe is slimmer, and has some cool applications for recording synchronized sound and writing.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I think the main difference is in functionality.

The Livescribe SmartPen will be able to do translations, play back voice recordings at specific points in time from hand writing etc.

I think you are right though, that at the end of the day it is a grown ups version of the Fly Fusion - but it's still pretty cool and I have already ordered my!